*Limited time special offer. May be removed at any time.
Grubhub is a food delivery service available only in the United States. Users can order food from dozens of participating local restaurants via an app and have it delivered to them.
This service comes at a cost with the user paying not only the price of the food but also a delivery fee. Restaurants also add a service charge to the bill.
Anyone with a Grubhub account can order through the app. Grubhub has a separate subscription membership where you can have your food delivered minus the delivery fees. This service is called Grubhub+ and is available to users for $9.99/month starting with a 30 day free trial.
Grubhub+ members enjoy more than just free deliveries. There are also various perks that come with membership and you can donate your change to charity.
In this article, you’ll see how to start a Grubhub+ 30 day free trial and how to get an even longer 1 year free trial.
Starting a Grubhub+ Free Trial
With Grubhub, you can order from participating restaurants and have your food delivered right to you. The cost for this is the price of the food, a restaurant service charge in most cases and a delivery fee averaging around $5.45 per order. For small orders this may add to to a lot more than the order itself.
A Grubhub+ membership allows you to remove the delivery fees for a $9.99/month subscription fee. There are also various perks to enjoy including one free $10 meal each month.
To start a Grubhub+ membership, you’ll need to sign up for a Grubhub account in the app or online via the website.
Grubhub makes it easy to connect with your Facebook or Google account or you can just signup with your email address and a chosen password.
Here’s how to signup for a Grubhub+ free trial after signing in to Grubhub.
1. Go to the Grubhub+ landing page
To access Grubhub+, you’ll need to go to the Grubhub+ page.
Click on the “Try it free” button to start your 30 day free trial. If you want the longer 1 year free trial instead, you can just skip this and go to the next section.
If you’re not logged in, you’ll be asked to log in on the next page. Or you can find the link on that page to create a Grubhub account if you haven’t done that already.
2. Enter your billing information
The next step to starting your Grubhub+ free trial is to add your billing information. You have two choices – either a credit card or PayPal. In the field where it says “New credit card” you can just click the dropdown and select PayPal if you’d rather use that.
Enter all the relevant info and click the “try 30 days” button.
Grubhub keeps your billing method on file and doesn’t charge you to start your free trial. After the free trial expires in 30 days, you’ll be charged $9.99/month until you cancel. To avoid getting charged, you can cancel Grubhub+ before the end of the 30 day period.
3. Grubhub+ member confirmation
After your payment method has been successfully accepted, you’ll get a confirmation that you’re now a Grubhub+ member. You can now start ordering food from participating local restaurants and enjoy no delivery fees on orders more than $12.
You will also be able to get a $10 free meal every month although you cannot claim this benefit while you’re on the free trial.
Grubhub+ 1 Year Free Trial with Amazon Prime
There is a new exciting deal where Amazon Prime members can get 1 full year of Grubhub+ benefits. A one year free trial of Grubhub+ means you’re going to enjoy everything Grubhub has to offer while saving around $120/year.
To claim your 1 year free trial of Grubhub+, you’ll have to join Amazon Prime.
Amazon Prime is a shopping membership by Amazon where you pay $14.99/month or $139/year and get a range of benefits including:
- Free 2-day shipping / same day delivery for addresses in eligible zip codes
- Unlimited video streaming from Prime Video – access thousands of movies and TV shows for free.
- Free 30 day returns
- Exclusive savings from Whole Foods, Amazon family, Amazon book stores
- Access to Prime Wardrobe
- Stream hundreds of Prime playlists and get discounted Amazon Music Unlimited.
Getting $0 food deliveries through Grubhub+ is now an added perk for the first year of Prime membership for a limited time.
To activate this offer and get Grubhub+ free for one year, all you have to do is to sign up for Amazon Prime, log into your account and connect it to Grubhub.
The offer is available to new and existing Prime members.
On the Grubhub side, if you’re already a Grubhub+ subscriber, you can still redeem your one year of free Grubhub+ by joining Amazon Prime and connecting your accounts. You’ll then be able to get the free trial on your next Grubhub+ billing date. After 12 months, you’ll be billed $9.99/month on a recurring basis until you cancel.
Here are the instructions again for different subscribers:
- Not a Prime member / Not a Grubhub+ subscriber: sign up for Amazon Prime, log into your account and follow the instructions to activate Grubhub+.
- Not a Prime member / Active Grubhub+ subscriber: sign up for Amazon Prime, log into your account and connect your account to activate Grubhub+. Free Grubhub+ will start on your next billing date.
- Prime member / Not a Grubhub+ subscriber: Log into your account and follow the instructions to sign up and activate Grubhub+.
- Prime member / Active Grubhub+ subscriber: Log into your account and connect your account to activate Grubhub+ benefits. Free Grubhub+ will start on your next billing date.
Should You Get a Grubhub+ Free Trial?
If you order out a lot or even occasionally on the weekends then you could benefit from a Grubhub+ subscription.
With Grubhub+, you save on delivery fees which can add up over time. Grubhub+ also gives you 1 free meal of up to a $10 value each month so you’re basically getting something that’s equal to your $9.99 subscription fee. Additionally there are other perks available to you with each order.
With a 1 year free trial the benefits are even greater when you become an Amazon Prime member.
- Save $120/year on a Grubhub+ subscription
- No delivery fees + perks of having a Grubhub+ subscription
- Free 2-day shipping when you order from Amazon
- Access to Prime Video to stream thousands of movies and shows.
- Exclusive deals for Prime members from Amazon departments
- lots more from Amazon
If you don’t want any of those benefits from Amazon then you can still get a standard 30 day free trial from Grubhub. However, an entire year plus all those Amazon benefits sounds way more exciting.