Fear Factory is a movie streaming service that can only be found on Amazon Prime Video channels.
There isn’t much information outside of Amazon about this streaming service and it doesn’t even have an official website. In fact, if you search for “Fear Factory” on Google, you’re more likely to find the results dominated with information about a heavy metal band with the same name.
If you’re looking for information on a free trial for Fear Factory then you probably already know about this streaming service and want to know something specific about it. Like:
- How long is the free trial?
- Is Fear Factory a good streaming service?
- Does Fear Factory have an app or official website?
- How much is Fear Factory?
You can get some of these answers from Amazon by going to the Fear Factory channel page in Amazon Prime. For the questions that need a more opinionated answer (ie. is it good or not?), I’m going to provide some answers in this article.
Below, you’ll find more info on how to start your Fear Factory free trial, the pricing, what type of content you can stream there and my mini-review on the not-so-popular streamer.
This post may contain affiliate links. TrialBear earns commissions at no extra cost to you when purchases are made through links on this page. For more info, visit the disclosure page.
Starting Your Fear Factory Free Trial on Amazon Prime
Fear Factory is one of these channels that you can add with a free trial and watch inside the Prime Video app.
To add Fear Factory, you’ll need to be a Prime or Prime Video subscribe. If you don’t have a Prime account, they also offer a convenient 30-day free trial so you can watch all the movies or try all the channels you want.
While logged into your Prime account, follow the instructions below to activate your Fear Factory free trial.
- Go to the Fear Factory channel page in Prime Video.
- Click on the “Learn more” banner at the top to get started or mouse over any video and click “watch with a free 7 day trial”.
- Click on the “Start Your 7-day free trial” button.
- Confirm your details on the next page.
- Click on the “Start Your Free Trial” button to start watching.
You can now start watching Fear Factory content right inside the Prime Video app on your favorite device or smart TV.
You’ll have 7 days free access before being charged. To avoid charges, you can easily cancel inside your Prime Video settings before the trial expires
Fear Factory Price After Free Trial
Amazon doesn’t charge you until your free trial is over. The pricing is shown during the sign up process so that you’re not surprised by the charges after the trial expires.
Fear Factory costs $2.99/month after your free trial.
You cannot get Fear Factory anywhere else other than Prime Video Channels so there are no other options for free trials or any annual plans.
What’s on Fear Factory?
There aren’t a lot of movies on Fear Factory. I took a quick count of the grids and there are 27 videos available comprising of horror movie features which are mostly indie produced films.
There are also some documentaries and some science fiction, the type of movies you can expect from a streaming channel called Fear Factory.
I could list all the titles here that are available on Fear Factory – there’s only 27 of them so it wouldn’t take much time. However, many of them aren’t recognizable titles so I’m only going to list a few that jump out at me.
- Cropsey – documentary from 2010 and one of the best films on the streamer
- Favor – critics seem to love this suspenseful thriller from 2013 and it’s also available to watch for free on FreeVee.
- Aaah! Zombies!! – zombie horror-comedy from 2007. Audiences seem to love it as it has a 4.5 star rating on Amazon from over 400 reviewers.
- Ancient Alien Question – not a movie but a 1 hour documentary from 2012 about extraterrestrials.
Most of the other movies are bottom of the barrel selections and include one of the worst movies ever made called Birdemic 2: The Resurrection. This movie is so bad that it has a 1.5 out of 10 rating on IMDb which is really, really terrible.
You can preview the movies offered on Fear Factory when you visit their channel page.
Is Fear Factory Worth It?
Fear Factory offers a one week free trial where you can watch all the content you want and then decide if you want to subscribe for $2.99/month to continue watching.
So, should you subscribe to Fear Factory after your free trial? Is it worth it?
Most of the times, I would generally lean towards a yes and leave it up to you to decide. Most of these streaming sites have a lot of content that appeal to either a general or niche audience.
In the case of Fear Factory, I cannot recommend continuing with a subscription. It’s just $2.99/month so maybe you can try it for a month after the free trial if you really want to see more titles than you can check out in a week. $2.99 is the price of a rental on Amazon so you still get to check out the entire catalogue of this streamer for that price.
There are a few reasons why I don’t recommend continuing.
- There are less than 30 movies available on Fear Factory and not many good ones. You could watch everything you’re interested in during your free trial or the entire catalog in the first month alone.
- The selections are mostly indie horror movies and many of them are terrible films. The IMDb rating on many of these movies are below 5 out of 10 which indicates they’re not that good.
- There are better options with better movies available to free trial and subscribe to on Amazon Prime Video channels. Check out this post of horror streaming channels for some of these options.
If there’s a movie or two you want to see on Fear Factory, there’s no harm in checking out the free trial.